Ensuring the safety and quality of our products
Target is committed to consistently delivering safe quality products to its customers in compliance with Target’s safety and quality standards. Target takes an active approach to ensuring that its products are of the highest safety standards, comply with the very latest legal requirements, and meet customer expectations. Improvements this year included:
- A complete review of Target’s quality strategy was undertaken with a focus on production processes and controls to deliver consistent quality to Target’s customers.
- New hires for key management roles across Target Australia Sourcing (TAS) to ensure Target’s safety and quality standards and delivery of the new strategy.
- High priorities in Target’s quality strategy to deliver safe and consistent quality to its customers were presented at the supplier forums in Hong Kong and Bangladesh in June 2017.
- Following updates to Target’s apparel design and construction safety standards, training was conducted for all TAS childrenswear and footwear suppliers to improve product safety awareness with ongoing auditing and controls in place.
- A Target technical re-audit program was developed for rollout from 1 July 2017 for ongoing monitoring and auditing of suppliers compliance to Target’s quality requirements.
- All 72 Hardgoods Safety and Quality manuals have been updated to include the latest industry and mandatory standards, legislation and Target requirements.
- A more detailed Chemical Policy manual has been developed in conjunction with an updated Safety Manual.
- To effectively manage quality and safety incidents reported by Target customers, a new root cause analysis procedure was developed.
- A new internal process was developed for responding to and investigating customer reported incidents and quality issues.
The focus for the coming year is to implement the initiatives identified in the new quality strategy, to deliver consistent quality products.